- Provides leadership for the financial planning aspects of the school – including financial strategic planning for the school’s academic programs, research initiatives, facilities and technology assets.
- Develops and manages budget processes and protocols covering operations, endowments, and sponsored projects. Makes major budgetary and resource allocation decisions in concert with the dean. Provides financial status reports and special budget reports to the dean and select senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Creates yearly financial objectives that align with the school’s vision and strategic plan; communicates with the dean and senior leadership to review overall and specific unit goals quarterly.
- Communicates and interacts with Senior Leadership Team, Faculty, Students, Staff and external constituencies.
- Analyzes business practices and recommends actions to improve operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the financial integrity of all university financial resources.
- Prepares documents and responses for all financial audits in consultation with the University Internal Auditor, along with identification of significant risks.
- Oversees the preparation of financial reports and documents to internal and external entities, as required; coordinating with all major operating areas of the University to ensure enforcement of fiscal compliance regulations, laws, and guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for planning to help assure the school attains its financial objectives, including: accounting services, budget review, audit support and financial and tax reporting for the school.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the school’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Leads and oversees financial compliance and reporting.
- Liaison between USC central departments and responsible for budget annual budget.
- Oversees the Business Office and operations to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial processes
- Manages all year-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for the use of equipment and facilities. Maintains analysis of space and equipment requirements and allocates usage based on school priorities.
Preferred Experience: 5-8 years
Preferred Expertise: Master’s degree preferred. Strong knowledge of fund accounting and internal/external requirements, university financial policies, procedures and systems, and use of computerized spreadsheets and databases.
Applications will not be considered complete without the following documents attached:
2) Cover Letter
Salary Range: $125,000-$134,000