The Senior Accounting Manager helps manage and actively participates in the accounting cycle to ensure that The Foundation’s accounting processes are timely, accurate, efficient, and consistent. The manager also oversees the payroll function. The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of accounting, with a particular emphasis on fund accounting, and the willingness to roll up his/her sleeves.
This position supervises a General Ledger Accountant and Accountant/Payroll Specialist and reports to a seasoned Controller, who actively participates in all aspects of accounting.
-accounts payable function, including reviewing and approving accounts payable and grant distributions and ensuring accurate coding and recording
-pooled investment vehicles and investments for individual donor funds
-payroll function, including benefits-related expenses
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Required)
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
· 7 years of accounting experience (preferably foundation); superior knowledge of accounting guidance
· Foundation or other fund accounting experience
· 3-5 years of experience managing payroll for a medium-size organization
· Strong skills supervising people, projects, and closing timelines
· High level of demonstrated accuracy
· Significant experience preparing complex audit schedules
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Proven ability to track and manage several projects simultaneously
· Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail-oriented; team player with a willingness to help where required
· Familiarity with investment brokerage statements
· Ability to work both under supervision and independently
· Professionalism and discretion
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Desired)
· Experience with Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge
· ADP proficiency
Please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.