Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights, who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a regular, full-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse in our Orange Health Center. This position will help provide family planning, prenatal, and/or abortion services to patients in accordance with the Board of Registered Nursing and Planned Parenthood regulations and protocols in our surgical health center.
Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday benefits
Comprehensive benefits package; including 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dispense/Administer medications and contraceptive devices as per physician/clinician or standing orders.
- Provide quality assurance review, assuring adherence to care plan and completeness of records.
- Monitor lab reconciliation process per policy. Review lab reports and initiate follow-up. Provide laboratory tests as needed, including phlebotomy.
- Daily performance of controls and completion of control logs for moderate complexity tests: Rh.
- Twice Daily monitoring and recording of Medication, Controls and Specimen Refrigerators for temperature accuracy.
- Manage medication inventory including ordering, confirmation of expiration dates when stocking and administering medications.
- Provide information and education regarding reproductive health care; family planning, pre-term labor, labor and delivery, breast feeding, postpartum care, abortion procedure (surgical and medical) and discharge instructions.
- Provide backup for Nurse Practitioner as appropriate during medical emergencies.
- Provide minimal visits per RN Standardized Procedures, as approved.
- Assist with clinic upkeep; sterilization of instruments, clean lab and exam rooms, and set up and re-stock rooms as appropriate.
- Cross-train with Case Management duties.
- Adhere to all OSHA requirements.
- Perform monthly chart audits and complete monthly Licensed Staff Checklist
- Assist with programmatic marketing efforts.
- Assist with Clinic Assistant training skills.
- Meet productivity goals of center.
- Orient and train new registered nurses upon request.
- May be deployed to other sites in case of low volume or provider need including San Bernardino County locations.
- Perform appropriate lab work, Hgb and RH testing,
- Insertion and removal of IV line.
- Review medical history.
- Perform Ultrasound (after completion of training and sign-off).
- Perform Pre-operative assessment.
- Provide contraceptive counseling.
- Provide conscious sedation (after completion of training and sign-off).
- Perform recovery room responsibilities, patient observation, take and record vitals and pain management assessment.
- Review discharge orders and counsel patient on discharge instructions.
- Complete and submit incident report when necessary.
- Assist Sedation Provider with opening and end of day narcotic inventory count/management.
- Required to take after hours call (on-call rotation).
- Assist Physician and other licensed staff as required.
- Provide counseling and assessment for specialty services.
- Provide continuity of care for abortion services in a patient centered flow environment (ultrasound, assessment, sedation and recovery).
- AS/BS in Nursing and a Current California Registered Nurse License
- CPR and ACLS (surgical site only) certification required
- Two years ambulatory, reproductive health care, prenatal, and/or abortion services preferred
- Maternal Child Health (MCH) education, including family planning preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills preferred
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Travel to other health centers when required
- Willingness to take after hours calls
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed