Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help us change lives and empower communities through reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a regular, full-time opportunity for an Associate Corporate Counsel, Administration located at our Corporate Office in Orange, CA.
We are proud to offer:
- A competetive salary range of $110-$120K depending on experience
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, and long term disability
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions
Legal, Regulatory, Compliance: Under the added executive guidance and management of the Office of the General Counsel/VP:
- Advise on applicable legal, regulatory and/or affiliate related corporate compliance/corporate governance, risk management, patient safety and ethics matters.
- Serve as an agency lead for agency-wide insurance matters/claims/coverage analysis.
- Serve as agency lead on compliant implementation of new/updated laws and regulations across agency departments as applicable.
- Agency lead on review of subpoenas, and other legal orders implicating the agency and its records, data, personnel, materials and other items.
- Agency lead and legal support for agency managing compliant Protected Health information releases processes for process compliance and risk.
- Agency lead for management of claims/lawsuits and related processes.
- Lead for any agency discovery processes including written and/or verbal discovery processes.
- Lead for agency research, analysis and counsel on applicable legal/regulatory matters.
- Lead for agency legal research and management of first amendment matters.
- Lead for agency corporate filings for all applicable jurisdictions and pursuant to general corporate and nonprofit compliance.
- Agency legal support for agency corporate document such as Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
- Lead agency legal support for agency Labor & Employment matters.
- Agency policies and procedures.
- Agency legal and compliance/risk mitigation forms and templates.
- Agency legal support for agency HR materials.
- Agency legal support for agency public affairs/government affairs and legislative matters.
- Agency legal support for Intellectual Property matters.
- Agency legal support for agency telehealth initiatives and programs.
- Agency legal support for C3 versus C4 matters.
- Agency legal support for medical professional liability matters/claims/lawsuits.
- At GC’s direction and in GC’s absence, legal management of agency external counsel as applicable.
- Work collaboratively with affiliate leadership towards optimum programs for agency legal, regulatory compliance, risk management, patient safety and ethics matters.
- Establish effective working relationships and credibility within affiliate to support a culture of compliance, risk management, patient safety and ethics.
- As required, interface directly with various affiliate staff for compliance, risk management, patient safety and ethics matters.
- Monitor organizational compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
- As applicable, independently or in collaboration with applicable agency team members, investigate or supervise the investigation and/or resolution of agency legal, insurance, compliance, risk, patient safety and ethics matters.
- As applicable, independently or in collaboration with applicable agency team members, oversee the implementation of agency corrective actions and monitoring in response to identified issues and audits.
- As applicable, prepare legal or compliance reports or memoranda identifying legal or compliance issues.
- Work collaboratively with affiliate leadership to resolve identified affiliate legal, regulatory, compliance, risk management, patient safety and ethics matters.
- Implement applicable affiliate compliance plans, initiatives and systems towards optimum corporate compliance, corporate governance, risk mitigation, patient safety and agency ethics.
- At the direction of the GC, review and advise designated staff on agency contractual matters and processes.
- In conjunction with and under the direction of the GC, review and manage Protected Health information releases processes for process compliance and risk.
- In conjunction with and under the direction of the GC, review and manage patient medical-legal forms that are compliant with applicable State and/or Federal regulations.
- In conjunction with and under the direction of the GC, review and manage agency insurance portfolio for optimum risk mitigation and risk management.
- Under the direction of the GC or CEO, provide general legal counsel as appropriate.
- Agency lead and legal support for managing agency licensing processes including clinical, business, facilities, pharmacy, CDPH, DHCS, and other licenses as may be applicable.
- Agency lead and legal support for data privacy, security and communications law, including tech and data compliance processes.
- Manage department staff as assigned.
- Work with other agency legal/compliance staff as applicable to support optimum internal and external customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licensure and/or Certification Requirements:
- California State Bar membership: currently valid and in good standing.
- Juris Doctorate is required.
Minimum Work Experience:
- 0-3 years’ experience as a licensed attorney.
- Added experience in medical law, corporate law, personal injury, insurance, workers comp, labor and employment, or litigation a plus.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries of complaints from customers, staff, regulatory agencies, legal professionals, members of the business community, and other agencies as applicable.
- Ability to write speeches, articles and grants for publications that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and staff.
- Ability to interpret and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret legal and regulatory abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret professional liability principles.
- Ability to interpret corporate compliance and corporate governance principles.
- Ability to interpret and manage insurance principles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret agency contracts.
- Ability to interpret corporate documents and corporate filings compliance and legal requirements.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.