Application Review DateThe First Review Date for this job is: June 25, 2019
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Berkeley is a stimulating community of inquiring adults, age 50 and above, exploring new areas of knowledge and traditional disciplines through courses, lectures, and events. There are no examinations or grades. OLLI faculty are experts in their fields and enthusiastic about teaching OLLI members, who bring a broad range of life experiences and knowledge to enrich the exchange of ideas. OLLI @Berkeley invites members to discover new friends, new knowledge, new capacities, and new ways to bring meaning and enjoyment to life.
OLLI @Berkeley offers an ongoing program of six-week courses, weekly lecture series, and special events for the community and provides a creative forum for new ideas and expressions. The OLLI classroom is a place where Berkeley's distinguished faculty and other leading experts share their research and interests.
OLLI @Berkeley is:
• A forward-thinking curriculum of courses, events, creative workshops, and lectures
• An interdisciplinary forum for Berkeley faculty
• An ongoing learning community of peers
• An intellectual and cultural connection to the university and the city of BerkeleyResponsibilities• Works with management and other stakeholders to create, develop, and implement long and short term strategic marketing and outreach plans and/or projects, including strategic planning for program development.
• Coordinates comprehensive marketing plan and outreach initiatives, which include written, visual, and electronic communications.
• Advises and consults with departmental/college administration and other stakeholders regarding all aspects of marketing, which may include fundraising communications. Develops strong marketing strategies that effectively deliver the desired message, policy interpretation, and problem resolution.
• Ensures production of high quality products that effectively deliver the desired message within budget and time constraints.
• Identifies specific marketing and program outreach needs and develops the content and process for organizational improvements.Required Qualifications• Knowledge of all aspects of marketing and outreach, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively collaborate with technical staff, or personally perform technical work, including design concepts, various media, and applications, including Drupal platforms.
• Knowledge of the organization, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education; or ability to learn.
• Solid skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short-term strategic marketing plans.
• Knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to target and/or broad general audiences.
• Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
• Knowledge of campus protocols and channels for communication internally and externally.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/trainingSalary & BenefitsSalary will commensurate with experience. Anticipated hiring range will be from minimum up to $85,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: