Aug 26, 2019
APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
AIDS Walk Los Angeles (AWLA) is the major annual fundraising event for APLA Health and 20 various other HIV/AIDS organizations in Los Angeles County.
We are currently seeking a Teams Coordinator to assist during AIDS Walk Los Angeles. ________________________________________
Teams Coordinator (Temporary 8/1/1- estimated 11/30/2019)
The Teams Coordinator, AIDS Walk Los Angeles (AWLA), reports to the Director, AIDS Walk Los Angeles. The Teams Coordinator will manage and provide support to event Teams and Walkers throughout the fundraising campaign (July – November). Applicants will represent responsibility for meeting fundraising goals while maintaining relationships with AWLA participants and providing resources and fundraising assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a portfolio of an average of 200 Team Leaders and Walkers for the 2019 AIDS Walk Los Angeles campaign; assist participants in setting and meeting fundraising goals, prioritize and manage participant objectives
• Increase participation, engagement, and revenue for 2019 campaign
• Represent APLA Health and our programs at AIDS Walk meetings and outreach events
• Successfully coordinate Team and Walker needs and communicate day-of-event logistics via a combination of telephone, written, and in-person correspondence
• Inform, educate, and update AWLA participants on APLA Health opportunities, statistics, and the organization’s overall place and progress in the AIDS epidemic
• Organize and track outreach metrics (such as Team and Star Walker registration status, fundraising, event attendance, team size, and number of quality conversations had) via database platform DonorPerfect and fundraising platform Rallybound and/or Raisin
• Participate in volunteer opportunities with Teams and Walkers
• Integrate with APLA Health’s Advancement Team
• Attend bi-weekly department meetings
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2+ years’ fundraising experience or marketing experience required
• Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding organizational skills; attention to detail a must
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in conversational Spanish preferred
• Key philanthropic trends
• DonorPerfect, Rallybound, Asana preferred
• Office 365 required
• Work the weekend of AIDS Walk Los Angeles (October 19th-20th)
• Work flexible hours as needed during the campaign
• Handle multiple projects and deadlines in fast-paced, campaign environment
• Communicate well verbally and in writing, manage conflict, be empathetic to our participants, listen to our donors, and work well in a team environment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
APLA Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below:
Los Angeles, CA, USA