Jun 17, 2019
Exciting opportunity to join the innovative non-profit Refoundry to manage the launch of their Los Angeles program at the Los Angeles Design Center. Recruit first cohort of participants, implement and oversee curriculum, manage participants, and develop successful program to serve men and women 25 years and older returning to the community post-incarceration. Program goals include zero recidivism, living-wage, upwardly mobile job placements, and business incubation for participants who complete full-year program.
As the LA Program Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Working closely with executive staff on-site in LA and off-site in New York.
• Assisting in recruiting participants and managing their program experience from orientation to graduation, ensuring program compliance and completion.
• Working with part-time MSW on assessments and referrals for participants.
• Identifying, developing and maintaining good working relationship with LA-based program partners and volunteers.
• Overseeing and ensuring effective delivery of comprehensive life-skills curricula, and coordinating curriculum schedule for all participants and instructors.
• Liaising with production staff trainers in Sponsoring Businesses providing craft-training to Refoundry participants. Monitoring attendance, workplace performance, production reviews and craft skills development.
• Confirming production standards and production quotas of participants.
• Coordinating inventory and pricing, and overseeing on- and off-site product sales.
• Manage Program’s operational budget.
• Office admin, including performing some on-site HR duties, such as maintaining personnel files, reviews and reports, etc.
• Helping advise and select which participants move on to progressive stages in the program.
• Developing and securing job placements with partners and others.
• Conducting program evaluations of participants, including regular evaluations and review; work with independent research team measuring program performance and outcomes, and necessary annual grant reporting.
• Recruiting, training and assigning Business Coaches.
• Collecting photos and narratives for social media, marketing and fundraising.
• Helping coordinate and attend special events, including Refoundry Workshops and fundraising events.
• Participating in leadership training, as well as media training for engagement with press and for conference presentations.
Energetic, ambitious, hard-working self-starter with 2+ years experience in program management, and familiar with not-for-profit and business sector, who can take direction and work independently. Must be willing to work off hours and weekend sales events to meet program launch deadline and revenue targets.
Experience supervising and training staff, managing project development and working with diverse population. Excellent writing and communication skills a must. Previous experience working in criminal justice and/or business development/entrepreneurship strongly preferred. Working knowledge of Spanish (written & conversational) a big plus.
Please email an insightful cover letter & resume (Word or pdf format) to email@example.com.
Los Angeles, CA, USA