Sep 23, 2019
Leading a team of talented individuals, the Marketing & Creative Director will bring a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position, promoting PHS’s programs and services. The Marketing & Creative Director is an experienced manager of people, someone that can inspire others, and has the ability to take our creative to a new level as we continue to grow. The Marketing & Creative Director will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Create and organize the organization’s collateral. Supervise content, design, production and distribution.
● Develop editorial calendars and content for external and internal publications, including quarterly print publication and annual report.
● Plan and create adoption, spay/neuter and community outreach promotions for programs throughout the year, working collegially with other departments.
● Manage relationships with PR/Marketing vendors, including creative service providers and agencies.
● Oversee development of marketing volunteer programs, such as photography, videography and office assistants.
● Create and manage budget allocations, fund balances and related financial activities as it relates to the departmental goals and programs.
● Uphold Pasadena Humane Society’s mission and contribute to building a culture of philanthropy.
● Build, lead, and review deliverables of the creative team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral.
● Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
● Collaborate with internal clients in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
● Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across departments into clear and motivating creative strategies.
● Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer needs, and the competitive landscape.
● Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● 10 years of related experience with 5 - 7 years of creative direction in agency or nonprofit setting.
● Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget.
● Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print.
● Proven experience with concept development.
● Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent.
● Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
● Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, design, journalism, communications, or related field.
● Ability to balance big picture, strategic thinking with day-to-day needs of the department.
● Proven leader with a commitment to a proactive management style that fosters. collaboration and creativity within and across departments.
● Project management and budgeting skills highly desired.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good listener.
● Previous animal welfare experience preferred, but not required.
● Proficient in computer applications, including the shelter system, Microsoft suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and web design.
● Strong sense of professional judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Must have valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
● Fast-paced environment. Employees are exposed to numerous animals (live and deceased), including those with uncertain dispositions. They are required to act in a safe and responsible manner.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to engage in discrimination against any individual, or harassment of any person seeking employment with our organization on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a covered veteran including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, merit increase, salary, training and development, demotion, and separation. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws. Federal law requires proof of citizenship or "alien right-to-work" status. PHS maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
Pasadena, CA, USA
Marketing / PR