Aug 20, 2019
CITY CHARTER SCHOOLS operates two progressive, high-achieving, project-based schools that serve a diverse student body reflective of the full range of socioeconomic, cultural, and racial diversity in Los Angeles. City Language Immersion Charter (CLIC) offers TK-5th grade students an innovative, dual language immersion program (Spanish/English) in the West Adams neighborhood of Los Angeles. The City School is one of the top performing middle schools in LA offering a student-centered, problem and project-based curriculum in a safe and supportive community. Both schools have become a national model for social-emotional learning and development (see our approach at www.selforteachers.org ).
Our staff love kids, love working at our schools, and believe strongly in our core principles of practice . Teachers at City experience curricular freedom, lots of professional development and collaboration, and true voice and input into the school's operations. Class sizes are small to allow for a rich and demanding inquiry-based program that incorporates social justice themes and student-led projects. For more information, see www.citycharterschools.org/tcs and www.citycharterschools.org/clic .
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are applying to in the subject line.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A love of students and demonstrated strength building meaningful relationships with the age group they teach
· RSP Credential (required)
· Enthusiasm for the schools values, mission and core guiding principles
· A desire to work with a collaborative team of educators
· Proven commitment to an inclusive SPED model, constructivism, multiple assessments, data driven instruction and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
· Knowledge of: Constructivist learning theory and its translation and application in the grade level of assignment (Elementary, Middle, High School); Classroom management strategies and approaches to help create a classroom environment of safety, respect, and learning; Cultural and socio-economic differences in the student population; Conflict resolution strategies to support healthy social development in children; Professional skills for collaboration and teamwork with other education professionals; Written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to: Create and maintain a safe, respectful learning environment; Meet the needs of a diverse student population; Support student social and emotional development; Work collaboratively and professionally with the school teams; Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to support student success; Use modern technology for teaching, communicating and reporting.
· Other Requirements: Support the Mission and Vision of the School; exercise good judgment and moral character; fingerprint clearance & TB test clearance. City Charter Schools has the right to revise this job description at any time. City Charter Schools is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Working within a collaborative, team environment, responsibilities are as follows:
· Provide ongoing services to students in compliance with 504 plans and IEPs.
· Attends in-service meetings to keep abreast of new psychological practices including assessment tools, techniques, consultation, and the latest research in effectively working with students.
· Represents District at special education meetings.
· Makes recommendations in cases of exemption, non-promotion, acceleration, class assignment change and other cases upon request.
· Assists in development of systematic procedures for screening, referral, team assessment, program planning, placement, and follow-up for regular and special education students.
· Assists teachers in the development of effective individual educational plans for students.
· Complete and submit IEP goal progress reports in a timely manner.
· Complete and submit IEP documents in a timely manner.
· Participates in Student Study Team meetings. Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
· Meet with parents and teachers to discuss learning, behavioral, familial and social problems
· Respond to parent and colleague communications in a respectful and timely manner.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Exhibit the minimum competencies expected in any employment situation, including adhering to ethical standards, growing professionally, and participating as active stakeholders across school environments.
· Communicate effectively, both orally & in writing, with students, parents, & other professionals routinely.
City Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
City Charter Schools
Los Angeles, CA, USA