Jul 22, 2019
Under the direction of the President/CEO, the Office & Communications Coordinator will assist Culver City Chamber staff with maintaining the office, as well as with the internal and external communications. This individual will follow through with and implement the policies, procedures, and standards established by the Board of Directors of the Culver City Chamber of Commerce, through the purview of the President/CEO.
At its most basic level, this position is concerned with the achievement of effective and successful management and maintenance of Chamber activities and the Chamber facility. Furthermore, the position will involve the logistical direction of marquee events, such as the orchestration (with staff) of the Annual Installation, Economic Outlook, CulverExpo, Health & Wellness Symposium, Women In Business, and others as assigned. Furthermore, lighter logistics coordination will be expected for routine Chamber networking, educational and marketing events. The creation & dissemination of press/media releases, website management, social media, public relations, answering phones and handling inquiries, opening and closing the office for clients, and other duties, as assigned, will be expected of the role too.
The Office & Communications Coordinator must possess a variety of skills to include: outstanding verbal and written communication abilities, strong interpersonal and customer service skills, knowledge of computer applications and programs, attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to work and succeed under pressure, self-motivation, the ability and desire to successfully multitask, and a general passion to help others in the work that we do.
Proficient in Adobe Suite, Constant Contact and Microsoft Office preferred. Job Duties Include, but not limited to…
· General office management: answering phones, greeting inbound traffic, tracking, maintaining and ordering office supplies (with President/CEO approval)
· Collecting, sorting and distribution of Chamber mail and entry of collected Income (Generally Digitally: i.e. special event invitations/programs, flyers, etc.)
· Updating of on-line social networking communications, in concert with collective staff
· Dissemination of press releases for special events, Chamber happenings, public policy stances, and community activities
· Managing the accuracy and curation of membership information for annual The Guide Culver City publication (not advertising)
· Maintaining and administrating Chamber website & online content
· Being knowledgeable about Chamber culture and membership information
· Generating correspondences for special events, sponsors, media outreach
· Ability to complete Certificates of Origin for members, as well as the scheduling and management of SCORE appointments
· Administration of all Chamber Committees scheduling, minutes (where assigned) and communication
· Assistance at special events and routine chamber programming
· Draft correspondence and letters, including monthly invoicing, renewal letters and recognition
· General office duties, including completion of weekly deposits (under President/CEO oversight)
· Able to lift at least 30 lbs.
· Other duties as assigned and needed
How To Apply
Please submit all resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing us, please title the email as follows: Your Name: Office & Communications Coordinator". The job posting will close on July 29, 2019. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
Culver City Chamber of Commerce
Culver City, CA, USA
Marketing / PR