Jul 10, 2019
The Director of Operations oversees finance and administrative/operations management systems.
• Implements systems and procedures related to administration, accounting, tracking and financial record keeping
• Organizes and directs fiscal protocols, including: accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and other functions
• Oversees, coordinates, and provides information for the financial audit; implements recommendations
• Directs human resources activities and functions, including: recruitment and selection, classification, compensation,benefits administration, labor relations and negotiations, and performance review
• Oversees administrative policies and procedures for effective operations
• Oversees systems for legal, regulatory, and funder compliance
• Oversees contracts and agreements relating to administrative, operations, and programs
• Oversees information technology systems
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Our ideal candidate is a proven leader who is passionate about compliance, organizational systems, and building a strong team.
• Advanced degree in accounting, economics, business or public administration preferred
• 5+ years of executive or senior management experience
• Experience with nonprofit human resources and functions
• Experience with nonprofit financial administration, including: budget development, financial analysis, and grant management
• Experience with 501c(3) nonprofit compliance, including: internal control structures and firewall development
• Excellent writing, speaking, and analytical skills
• Experience in goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation preferred
• Experience serving target populations: people of color and the formerly incarcerated, immigrants, and women
• Commitment to social justice and bottom-up social change
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT: MCF is a leader in providing equitable salaries and benefits, and a supportive working environment that fosters the long-term leadership development of its team members.
• Starting at $100,000+ (commensurate with experience)
• Generous Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement Benefits/Life/Disability
• Generous Paid Time Off/Family Leave
• $1,850/year car insurance and repair reimbursement
• $500/month transportation stipend
• $200/month technology stipend
• Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Application and Renewal fees covered
It is the policy of Miguel Contreras Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Miguel Contreras Foundation
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Senior Management - Director