Jul 05, 2019
Alliance for Justice seeks a full-time, experienced Program Coordinator based in our Southern California office, located in downtown Los Angeles, to provide a range of administrative and programmatic support for AFJ’s California’s offices as well as AFJ’s DC headquarters. The position reports to AFJ’s California Director. The position may occasionally require travel, primarily within California, to support program events. This position is non-exempt under California and federal wage and hour laws.
Provide administrative support to AFJ’s Bolder Advocacy program in its Northern and Southern California offices with some additional support for other AFJ staff as needed.
Promote AFJ workshops, events, publications, technical assistance, capacity tools, and other resources, including through e-mails, online platforms, phone calls, etc. to expand the audience for Bolder Advocacy programming.
Support California staff in building and maintaining relationships with California nonprofits, foundations, and other partners.
Collaborate with DC-based program coordinator on implementing systems for data management, program metric collection, and grant reporting of technical assistance, workshop participation, capacity tool usage, and outreach.
Manage technical assistance phone and email “hotline” together with DC-based program coordinator.
Handle workshop requests from initial inquiry, through negotiating fees, to providing logistical and billing support.
Assist with tracking data on technical assistance and workshops using Excel, Salesforce, SalsaLabs, GoToWebinar, and other similar platforms.
Assist with managing online tools for assessing advocacy capacity.
Manage and coordinate logistics for workshops, fundraising events, film screenings, and public events conducted by AFJ’s California staff, including planning, registration, booking travel, materials, marketing, and invoicing.
Schedule meetings, maintain calendars, and prepare activity reports for California staff.
Assist with donor research and grant tracking in collaboration with Washington, DC-based Development team.
Support Bolder Advocacy and Outreach staff in building and maintaining relationships with AFJ organizational members, including identifying potential new members, assisting with recruitment, and stewarding member relationships.
Assist Justice program, Development, Outreach and Communications staff, as needed.
Respond to external inquiries, manage phones, and process mail.
Coordinate with other staff to maintain office supplies and equipment.
Other duties as assigned by the California Director or in coordination with the Bolder Advocacy Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in administrative and/or program support position, preferably as an Executive Assistant, Program Assistant, Administrative Assistant, or related position.
• Commitment to social justice, civil rights, and public interest issues.
• Nonprofit and/or public interest organization experience.
• Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of software, particularly Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as social media skills.
• Initiative, creativity, and judgment to manage own workload and support the Bolder Advocacy team.
• A strong understanding of database programs and content management systems.
• Comfortable with numbers, designing graphs/charts.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Succeeds in a collaborative environment.
• Able to work with remote office staff.
• Brings a great attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and a sense of humor to the workplace.
Preferred but not required:
• Spanish or other relevant non-English language skills.
• Experience with managing budgets, grants, and invoicing.
• Knowledge of Salesforce and Salsa is preferred. Familiarity with online survey tools, e.g. Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, SurveyGizmo is a plus.
• Basic HTML experience.
• Background in event planning and logistics.
• BA or BS degree.
Alliance For Justice
Los Angeles, CA, USA