Sep 23, 2019
The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public-sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
Reporting to the director of marketing and communication and working as part of the integrated marketing and communications team, this position is responsible for engaging California Community Foundation’s (CCF) key audiences through an array of communications vehicles including CCF’s online and print platforms. Key responsibilities include generating and optimizing content across all CCF platforms; producing CCF website content; planning and developing digital communications across web, social, mobile, and email; and project management of traditional and digital publications.
· Content Development & Creative Direction : Play a leading role in the development and design of content to be used across all CCF communications platforms.
o Create and identify content that is tied to CCF’s four strategic goals, drives key foundation messages and engages and informs our target audiences.
o Collaborate with departmental leaders in conceptualizing and drafting and designing content for multi-platform use.
· Digital Media: Responsible for the design, content and overall user experience of the CCF website and related microsites.
o Write copy and design digital components of CCF. communications and marketing campaigns.
o Produce video and photo material for various uses.
o Work with technology department to compile and report analytics regularly with attention to user behavior and preferences.
o Ensure all digital publications of CCF are stored and accessible online through the CCF website and other digital media. Serve as archivist of digital publications, artwork, images, etc.
o Identify and engage designers and developers, when needed.
· Traditional Publishing: Responsible for the planning, design, editing, production and dissemination of high-quality publications
o Write copy and design visuals for collateral
o Identify and engage designers and printers, when needed.
General : As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Experience : Minimum of five years of marketing and communications experience with an emphasis on strong writing, and graphic design. Prior marketing, foundation or nonprofit experience is a plus.
· Education : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification from technical or trade school with a focus on journalism, communications, marketing, graphic design, new media, or equivalent level of experience required.
· Communication Skills : Superior written, verbal and presentation skills required. Ability to write, edit and copyedit creatively and persuasively, distilling complex concepts into easy-to-understand information. Ability to integrate film, video, audio and photography into compelling communications. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
· Technology Skills : Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office and the ability to utilize HTML or other widely-used programming languages is required. Familiarity with open and closed-source web content management systems with understanding of and experience in user-centered design is needed. Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including strong familiarity with Word Press is required.
· Problem-Solving Skills: Must be an efficient, well organized, detail-oriented, creative, energetic, flexible, problem-solver who can handle multiple requests and tasks. Strong service orientation necessary.
· Team Work & General Skills : Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team toward CCF's goals, leveraging each team member's skill set.
Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
This position is required to be available to speak with clients and/or others while away from the office and/or with clients and/or others located in other time zones outside foundation business hours.
Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=hewhv&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and we make employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, age or any other protected status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
California Community Foundation
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Marketing / PR