Jul 01, 2019
The VP-UPM ensures the delivery of high-quality, data-driven services through the development and implementation of efficient operational systems, quality assurance mechanisms, and through effective leadership in program and resource management related to beautification, maintenance, litter abatement, and ambassador services in Hollywood, CA. The position supervises the investment of approximately $5M in HED resources in the facilitation of public space maintenance services, security, ambassadorial, and outreach programs as well as supporting the execution of special projects related to placemaking. The VP-UPM reports directly to the President & CEO and will manage a majority of the program investments made by the HPOA.
· At the direction of the President & CEO, manages implementation of organizational strategic priorities.
· Manages all on-street services provided by the HPOA / HED, including but not limited to maintenance, beautification, security services, outreach, hospitality ambassadors, and special program support.
· Oversees contracts for programs such the BID Security Patrol, Cleaning and Maintenance, and ensures optimal vendor performance.
· Works directly with BID Security and Clean program managers, supervisors, and team leaders to determine priorities, identify and assign project teams, develop assessment and evaluation tools, establish procedures, and oversee planning and implementation. Ensure meaningful goal setting, reporting, measurable outcomes and accountability, and deliverables.
· Manages vendor bidding & selection processes; negotiates and administers contracts with outside vendors for maximum service and cost effectiveness.
· Oversees development and implementation of data collection and evaluation tools, and performance measurements to ensure effective delivery of services to all constituents.
· Assists in convening property managers, public safety stakeholders (i.e. local law enforcement, security providers, emergency preparedness agencies, business owners, etc.) to provide effective communication channels and problem-solving opportunities.
· Serves as staff liaison to assigned HPOA Board Committees, facilitating monthly meetings, along with committee chairs, and representing a variety of key downtown stakeholders.
· Build, develop, and manage Hollywood Security Network contact list and works closely with corresponding stakeholders and partner agencies.
· Creates and enhances partnerships as liaison with City of Los Angeles senior staff levels to ensure maximum attention to maintenance within the HED area.
· Works with LAPD to ensure the camera system is functioning and service is uninterrupted.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Employer-paid health insurance for employee (currently Blue Shield Platinum PPO)
Employer-paid for employee (currently Blue Shield Dental PPO)
401K Plan - 4% company match after 1-year
Employer-paid cell phone
2 weeks paid vacation
6 days paid sick time
10 paid holidays
2 paid floating holidays
Minimum of five years management experience in municipal government, urban place management, or convention and hospitality services; preferably in a business improvement district, urban partnership or closely-related organization.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Business Administration, Construction Administration, Public Administration, Planning or related discipline.
At least three years’ experience managing programs and working with local government, other key organizations, and members of the community.
Contract management experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Fluent English required. Fluent Spanish preferred.
Please email resume, cover letter, salary requirements, 2 professional writing samples, and a list of 5 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position upon until filled.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Hollywood Property Owners Alliance
Los Angeles, CA, USA