JOB ANNOUNCEMENTETR is in need of an exceptional Research Assistant III. The ideal candidate is expected to show initiative, to have a strong interest in social justice-focused research and has the requisite skills and knowledge to succeed as an integral member of the Research Team. This position will be based in the ETR Scotts Valley office.
JOB TITLE and CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Research Assistant III
ETR’s (Education, Training and Research) mission is to provide science-based innovative solutions in health and education designed to achieve transformative change in individuals, families and communities. To learn more about ETR and its evidence-based products and programs and the stakeholders it serves, go to www.etr.org. JOB SUMARY
The Research Assistant III will work with research staff in the timely accomplishment of varying research/evaluation activities on projects in our Diversity in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics program area. Tasks will include data collection (e.g., coordinating with outside partners, recruiting participants, scheduling and leading focus groups, collecting survey data on tablets), data management (e.g., creating databases, cleaning data, storing data), data analysis (of both qualitative and quantitative data), and dissemination (e.g., help with writing academic papers, creating infographics of data, and sharing results with partners). This position participates in departmental and agency duties in addition to:
- Assumes primary responsibility for specific research tasks (e.g., database development, data analysis, data management, and/or survey development) as required in specific positions.
- Helps plan, coordinate, and follow-up on all aspects of research data collection.
- Coordinates the hiring of and oversees temporary data collectors/trackers.
- Monitors data cleaning and entry, and assists with data entry, as needed.
- Develops, monitors, and/or revises project databases.
- Analyzes project data of assigned projects.
- Conducts instrument development and pilot testing, literature searches, and needs assessments.
- Tracks and assesses status of research tasks for projects.
- Assists with project reports, proposal and manuscript development.
- Communicates effectively with outside partners, contractors and funders as needed to facilitate work.
- Serves as the liaison to community- and school-based partners to facilitate research activities.
ETR offers Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits:
- Manages all technology related to data collection (e.g., tablets, audio recordings, online surveys)
- Creates graphical representations using software (e.g., Piktochart)
Deadline Date: Until filled. Application: Please submit cover letter and resume to:
- Salary: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Full-time. Non-Exempt.
- Employer-paid life, disability, health, dental and vision insurance
- Very generous PTO plan and holiday pay
- ETR contributes to a 401(k) retirement benefits for qualified employees
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, innovative and creative team!
T. Sanders, Human Resources Department, ETR Associates, 100 Enterprise Way, Suite G300, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Fax: 831-461-9534. For complete job description and to learn more about ETR, please visit www.ETR.org.
ETR is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled