Job Title: Employment Services Specialist
Reports to: Director of Economic Development/ Manager of Employment Services
Type: Regular / Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Compensation: $43,680 - competitive salary, full health benefits, paid vacation and holiday
General Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Employment Services Manager and Director of Economic Development, the Employment Services Specialist is responsible for client amassment, management, and implementation. The Employment Services Specialist provides job search, case management, and placement assistance to the Center’s Trans Employment Program and LGBTQ Employment Services clients with multiple barriers to employment.
Assess and assist job seeker clients with identifying and addressing job ready barriers to employment. Increase the number of transgender, GNC, LGBTQ people who have stable employment and/or access to training programs by means of empowerment/case management/job search assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
Employment Counseling/Case Management/Job Search & Placement Assistance:
• Provides job search, intake, case management, and placement assistance to Trans Employment Program and Center clients and follow-up services after placement, maintaining contact with supervisors and clients. Makes appropriate job referrals and assists with the job match.
• Assesses clients’ occupational skills and interests as they pertain to the local job market and assists them in setting and reaching appropriate employment objectives. Provides career, vocational and employment counseling, and assists in the development of an Employment Action Plan by determining clients’ educational and professional qualifications and transferable skills.
• Assists clients in identifying appropriate short and long-term employment objectives; maps out strategies for reaching employment objectives; provides corresponding job development; and supports the client throughout the job search.
• Helps clients to navigate the Center and collaborative services to pursue their employment goals through job search workshops, life skills classes, resource referrals.
• Provides case management and referrals for participant support services as necessary, including: counseling, legal, crisis intervention, housing, transportation, and medical.
Workshop Facilitation and Classroom Instruction:
• Coordinates and facilitates job search workshops and life skills classes tailored specifically for trans/GNC/LGBTQ community members with multiple barriers to employment on a variety of topics including: resume and cover letter writing; completing employment applications; interviewing techniques; networking; effective workplace communication; pre-job fair tips; and others.
• Coordinates and conducts individual and group instruction through demonstration, lecture, guest speakers, cooperative learning activities and other modalities of teaching which address learning style differences and potential learning disabilities.
Community Relations, Events, and Coordination:
• Collaborate with community partners and support local movement building efforts and community events including TDOR, TDOV, and others.
• Represents the Center and Trans Employment Program in related community forums and at networking events.
• Coordinate reoccurring workshops and groups including Trans Job Club, Networking events, Transcode, and others as needed.
• Ensures compliance with agency and funding reporting requirements including contract documentation for two government contracts.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting client progress. With the support program assistant maintain all administrative standards including client files, case notes, client follow-up, and monthly, quarterly, and annual program reports. Maintain client files and ensure client confidentiality for program participants.
• Maintains participant case records, program data, and other records as needed.
• Assists in preparation for program audits and monitoring visits.
• Actively participate as a member of the Economic Development team, including supporting Economic Development program activities, and general Center functions as appropriate