United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is bringing together powerful partnerships to build lasting social change in our community. Our workplace is fast-paced, progressive, innovative, friendly, and adaptive. At UWSL we believe in celebrating success, learning from failure, and setting ambitious goals. And, the work we are doing in our community is creating change that will last for years to come. Our wages are competitive, the benefits package is comprehensive, and perks like flexible schedules and staff parties make every day unique. We have also been named one of Utah Business's Best Places to work, three years running.
The Leadership Giving Director for Young Leaders (LGDYL) manages and directs the Young Leaders donor network (275+ members) by cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual annual donors to support UWSL and our collective impact initiatives. In conjunction with this, the LGDYL manages a high-level, volunteer Young Leaders Steering Council in fundraising, programing, social media communications, and volunteer community engagement in UWSL’s community initiatives. LGDYL will collaborate on workplace strategies through coordination with the Corporate Engagement Director and advisors. Supports the united efforts of the Resource Development team goals and expectations.
- Lead, develop, and implement plans to find successful pipelines to increase Young Leader membership and volunteer engagement from early, mid-year and executive level professionals and individuals younger than 40.
- Establishes and tracks monetary and participation goals and reports on progress.
- Creates and maintains top prospect lists by identifying, researching, and qualifying potential donors both within the workplace and otherwise.
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with new prospects and existing donors through personal contact, including: visits, phone calls, email, and written correspondence.
- Sets appointments and meets with prospects and current members.
- Develops strategy to involve appropriate senior management and board members, as needed, to cultivate and secure individual investments and other corporate/foundation support.
- Secures current and prospective annual contributions to increase membership into donor networks.
- Secures sponsorships for related events and projects.
- Coaches and involves qualified groups of volunteers in fundraising efforts and donor network goals.
- Develops, manages, implements, and oversees all activity related to Young Leaders meetings and programs.
- Manages and engages the volunteer Young Leaders Steering Council.
- Inputs and maintains accurate records on CRM tools. Tracks and reports revenue and expenses. Keeps Vice President of Individual & Planned Giving and resource development team engaged and informed on Young Leaders’ progress.
- Engage donors using a variety of communications methods, particularly social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.). Writes and prepares content for online communications (social media updates and online engagement) for donor networks. Maintains appropriate communication with external and internal constituencies.
- Collaborate with marketing team on content creation and distribution.
- Collaborate with donor network team to improve the culture and level of philanthropy among donor networks and to support all donor network events and programs.
- Maintains appropriate, professional relationships with constituents for the benefit of UWSL. Is an honest steward of donor gifts and respects their philanthropic intentions. Adhere to Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.