Objective of Role:
Mobilize the collective resources of the region to drive community impact. Secure financial and non-financial resources through partnerships with companies, foundations and individuals. The Chief Development Officer manages all aspects of United Way’s fundraising plans, including workplace campaigns, major gifts, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, grants, planned giving, affinity groups and development services. The Chief Development Officer also serves as the organization’s chief relationship manager and works in close collaboration with the executive team to achieve our community’s goals.
Mission-Focused – Motivate others’ commitment to mission to create lasting social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
Relationship Oriented – Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Results Driven – Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good. Helps to create and implement strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Team Player – Collaborates and contributes as a team player both internally and externally.
Brand Steward – Stewards the brand and understands your role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the organization as a whole. Acts as an ambassador for UWCC.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, sustainable fundraising business plan with the principal goal of generating more and new revenue that aligns with our community impact priorities. Lead and support the organization including all facets of individual, foundation and corporate support, planned giving, and other fundraising activities that ties to the UWCC organizational vision and plans.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for the organization and as a visible community leader.
- Collaborate with relevant area foundations and community groups to encourage and support large-scale investments in 5-county region by amassing and providing resources for change.
- Anticipate changes in the fund raising environment to maximize opportunities.
- Build and develop a strong fundraising team and culture.
- Work with Donor Relations leadership to set team, corporate, and personal goals in support of overall UWCC’s vision and community goals.
- Provide on-going leadership and support to Donor Relations team to identify future leaders and encourage professional growth.
- Ensure Donor Relations team has leadership and staff skills, tools, resources, and training to be successful.
- Develop, monitor, and manage Donor Relations departmental expense budgets within constraints of UWCC’s financial plans.
- Develop and monitor UWCC revenue goals and budgets with key managers to meet and exceed organizational and community goals and needs.
- Identify specific methods and tools to ensure interdepartmental collaboration.
- Responsible for data gathering, research, and analysis for goal setting and projections; prepare sales and other reports as required.
- Represents UWCC in the community as needed including nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Donor Relations, Major Gifts and Leadership Giving teams.