Department: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
Classification: Union Exempt
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing portions of the flow, timeline and overall production schedule of the Marketing Department, as well as providing high quality account management to internal and external clients. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
What you’ll do
- Assist in developing strategy, plan and scope (marketing strategy, creative brief, project plan, timeline and budget) for large-scale projects.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot potential issues during the project lifecycle
- Oversee and make strategic decisions throughout project life cycle, including prioritizing and balancing feedback from multiple stakeholders and clients
- Manage project flow for marketing campaigns including donor outreach, program initiatives and public policy campaigns
- Manage production process, solicit feedback, consolidate and prioritize revisions, and work with leadership to secure approvals
- Manage a collaborative process for project completion with internal and external stakeholders on content, approvals and process
- Manage external vendors and consultants, as appropriate
- Serve as lead in managing team workflow best practices
- Participate in team meetings, ensuring that priorities are communicated and understood
- Regularly track and communicate project information on scope, budget and timing to extended team
- Ensure changing resource and project requirements are communicated and understood by
all members of the team and supporting departments
- Analyze existing processes and procedures, and recommend improvements
- Serve as final quality control on marketing projects
- Become an advocate for UWBA in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Identify threats and opportunities in content surrounding the organization.
Who you are:
- Passionate about marketing/ branding/ marketing communication
- Proactive by nature with a tendency to think through required next steps and manage-up accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to plan and organize, also can work independently
- Willing to learn and can pick up new tools quickly
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other team members as necessary. (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content)
- Excellent copywriting and language skills to convey message into relevant and interesting content
Salary: $47,989.30 - $55,000 Salaried Exempt