How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The National Director, Major Gifts is the fundraising business partner to the Regional Vice Presidents and assigned Executive Directors. They are the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on fundraising strategy, execution and management through best practices in goal setting, measurement and reporting. Working in partnership with the Regional Vice Presidents, Chapter leadership and dedicated Donor Development staff in a defined area/region and volunteers, the National Director, MG will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts of $100,000 and above—from individuals, corporations and foundations to support LLS mission programs. The EDs and chapter based Donor Development staff will have an indirect reporting relationship with the National Director, MG on Donor Development. The primary focus is to identify and pursue opportunities through face-to-face interactions and ensure others on the team can effectively do the same.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Additional Position Information: The National Director, Major Gifts is a major player in the success of the organization’s major gift program. They serve as a sales consultant and leader to those directly accountable for revenue growth. The successful candidate will have an individual track record of proven success attaining or exceeding 6 figure goals.
- In collaboration with assigned RVP's, as well as chapter ED's and DD staff, actively build and manage a portfoliio of major gift prospects by both growing revenue from the existing donor base and through new donor prospects.
- Manage a productive portfolio or $6MM using state of the art CRM, metrics and reporting to revenue growth and diversification year over year
- Set development goals, management to achieve or surpass those goals and report regularly on status.
- Develop strong and compelling major gift proposals, acknowledgments, reports and other communications.
- Work with all chapter staff to ensure that significant donors in assigned area have multi-year solicitation, cultivation and stewardship plans at each event they attend.
- Bring Leukemia & Lymphoma Society resources to highest and best use for multi-year solicitation, cultivation and stewardship plans across all LLS products.
- Strategic and other initiatives to benefit the Donor Development Department and the organization, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.