How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
This is a full-time position where the majority of the performance review is based upon supporting the achievement of annual revenue goals set by local Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)Leadership for the Light The Night campaign. The selected candidate would be responsible for handling and executing a fundraising and stewardship strategy to achieve and exceed revenue goals in support of LLS’ missionwithin the Greater Los Angeles area. While some logistical and administrative responsibilities will be required, 85% of this position is directly responsible for fundraising success and will act as liaison between LLS and the local community.
This is not a marketing and/or event planning/management position. The primary focus is fundraising, stewardship of donors, and achieving aggressive fundraising benchmarks. Sales and/or fundraising experience is required.
Reports to:Senior Fundraising Manager
Campaign: Light The Night
Additional Position Information: This is a full time position supporting various fundraising efforts in the Greater Los Angeles area. Position requires the ability to frequently travel locally and to the Los Angeles, CA office. Virtual work is not available for this position.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls, and promotion and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of personal revenue goals.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Monitor the effectiveness of on-going fundraising campaigns, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, & overall success of the campaign and suggest improvements.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by identifying, cultivating, stewarding, managing, and retaining fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site coordinator during specific campaign fundraising event days, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolutions of problems
- Develop positive interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify, cultivate, and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement, and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants as active fundraisers to specific campaigns.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, families, and key donors to engage their support of LLS fundraising campaigns.
- Develop/modify materials and online content (brochures, promotional flyers, website forms and pages) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Oversee specific logistical aspects of fundraising campaigns including connecting with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaigns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned